Beginning February 20, 2019, the Durham County Detention Facility will be making detainee pod enhancements involving construction to the facility. Due to safety concerns during the enhancements, detainees will be relocated to a safe and secure location prompting possible cancellations to our detainee visitation schedules. In the event you receive a visitation cancellation notice, please contact us directly at (919) 560-0961 for additional information.
Please note we will attempt to reschedule as many canceled visitation requests as possible that are affected by the construction.
Thank you for your patience during this time.
Schedule Your Visit
The Durham County Detention Facility offers in-person and video visitation at no cost to detainees or visitors. Click HERE to view the brochure for online visitation and follow these quick and easy steps before your visit.
1) Register Online – Before you can schedule your visit online, you must first register to create an account. You can register online or at the kiosk located in the lobby of the detention facility.
2) Access the internet – To register online, visit https://durhamcountync.gtlvisitme.com
3) Complete the online form– Fill out the required information including a valid email address. If you do not have a valid email address, you can obtain an email address at no cost by registering with any of the following email providers: Google, Yahoo, AOL, and Outlook.
4) Save your visitor ID and password – It’s important to keep your visitor ID and password secure and accessible when you need it. Online scheduling won’t work without the visitor ID and password.
- All visits must can be scheduled at least two days in advance but no more than six days in advance.
- All visitors must sign in 15 minutes before their scheduled visit.
- All visitors 18 years of age and older must have a valid identification. Identification can be in the form of:
- U.S. Government, State, and Local Government issued ID cards
- U.S. Passports
- International Passports
- Student IDs
- Visiting sessions shall last at least 20 minutes for a regular visit.
- A person under the age of 18 may visit an inmate only if accompanied by a parent or guardian who is 18 years of age or older and is responsible for the juvenile.
- Persons not listed on the inmate's visitation list shall not be allowed to visit.
- An inmate shall be allowed up to three (3) visitors per visitation period and one (1) visitation period a day.
All visits must be canceled at least one day in advance or it will count as one of your visits.
NEW: Video Visitation
The Durham County Detention Facility now offers video visitation, another option for friends and family to connect with their loved ones who are in custody. Video visitation does not replace in-person visitation and it is free. Visitors interested in using video visitation can register and schedule their visit the same way they schedule in-person visits. Click HERE to view the results of our survey of video visitation participants.
Video Visitation Schedule
Monday – Thursday 9 a.m. – 12 p.m. and 1:30 p.m. – 5 p.m.
Friday – Sunday Video Visitation Unavailable
In-Person Visitation Schedule
NOTE: This schedule is subject to change without notice
|Monday||6:00PM - 7:30PM||5A 5C 3CN|
|Tuesday||6:00PM - 7:30PM||5D 4A 4B|
|Wednesday||6:00PM - 7:30PM||4D 4C 3A|
|Thursday||6:00PM - 7:30PM||3CS 3D 5B|
|Saturday||10:00AM - 12:00PM
||5A 5C 3CN
|Saturday||5:00PM - 7:00PM||5D 4A 4B|
|Sunday||10:00AM - 12:00PM
||4D 4C 3A
|Sunday||5:00PM - 7:00PM
||3CS 3D 5B